27.12.11

Gift of the day

As we are at the end of the year, i want to spend a little bit of time as i'd like to talk about a few things i've really liked recently.
First of all, I've received as a gift this fabulous book written in french: "la Femme-ciseaux".
It is written and illustrated by Michel Villar, and published by le pied de biche editions.
                                                                     Aide-moi à naître
De mon vivant je n’ai vécuQue des instants qui ne sont plus.Une enveloppe faite d’étherRemonte le temps
Mais jamais ne se construit.
Un silence pour quatre soupirs,Une ronde d’idées noiresToutes de blanches vêtues,Dans une pause éternelle

                                                                  Sont ainsi suspendues.


They also run a small shop and website. If you're in Paris, go there, they have lots of indie comics, some very cool exhibitions too. I dont know them personnaly but I really recommend this place.Le pied de biche, 86 Rue de Charonne  75011 Paris.


Another one that really impressed me is: " M, la conscience feline malheureuse"




Aurelie Lachevre, the illustrator offered it to me, and i must say it is a masterpiece. Even if you re not reading anything in french, the illustrations on every pages are awesome! you can find it here. And her website is here.



And at the last tattoo convention in Nantes I could talk to Nicoz Balboa. She is an amazing italiano-french artist. I know her work for a very long time but it is never easy to say that you like the work to someone I mean. I offered her two of my books and i went back with many little things from her production. And this week she sent me an email to say that she drew me in her daily blog... here it is, ahahahah!!!!





She is soooo talented and has made buttons/books/stickers/badges/posters/prints/and also runs an art gallery in La Rochelle and do some workshop with children! oucht! visit her website here!!!!!!!!

Ariane Rivalin, is a self taught illustrator, living in Nantes. She is doing some hand made small books, very cool and unique! her blog is here!!!!
I'm lucky enough to have some of her work! thank you to her!




That's it for tonight, i've got so many other things to share, more to come, soon!





2 commentaires:

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.